SNRE Student Career Services
eRecruiter is your portal to SNRE's online career services for students, alumni and employers. Students and alums, click on eRecruiter logo above to access the system.
KEY JOB AND INTERNSHIP RESOURCES
- CVs (PhD)
- Evaluating Offers and Salary Negotiations
- Cover Letters, Writing Samples & References
- Career Timeline
- Networking Tips
- More Resources (skills, finding a career path, etc.)
- Environmental Job/ Internship Posting Sites
CAREER RESOURCES BY FIELD OF STUDY
Click the links below to see career resources specific to each of SNRE's 7 fields of study
- Behavior, Education, & Communication
- Conservation Ecology
- Environmental Informatics
- Environmental Justice
- Environmental Policy & Planning
- Landscape Architect
- Sustainable Systems
- PhD Students
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
- Visa & Work Authorization Information
- Finding a Job
- Cultural Adjustment
- UM International Institute
- UM International Center
JOB SECTOR RESOURCES
CHECK IT OUT: RECENT SNRE CAREER TALKS ON VIDEO--Click on titles to watch!
- Kevin Doyle: Keynote on Environmental Careers (delivered in October 2013 as part of SNRE Career Week)--Kevin is a nationally renowned green career expert and is Principal of Green Economy.
- Global Environmental Career Panel (delivered in October 2013 as part of SNRE Career Week and the U-M International Career Pathways series)--features Amy Braun, Sustainability Manager at Kellogg Company; Chris Nordstrom, Landscape Architect formerly with Tegn_3 in Norway; and Brieland Jones an SNRE student in the MS/MSE joint degree program who interned with USAID in Liberia.
SET UP AN ADVISING SESSION
SNRE Career Services are usually available for 15-minute walk-in meetings during business hours. You can also schedule a longer meeting by emailing the contacts below.
Fun Facts About SNRE Career Advisors:
- Worked 12 years at a national environmental NGO
- SNRE soccer team organizer
- A career advising guru
- Previously worked as an HR professional in Fortune 500 company
- Enjoys being active: hiking, cycling, playing Ultimate Frisbee